Title: Account Manager
Location: Cardiff or London
Job ID: 010
The world is urbanising at a rapid rate. At Urban Intelligence, we are passionate about using data and technology to help ensure that our towns and cities grow in the best way possible. Our first step in our mission is to shift town planning from its 1940s document-based origins to being entirely data-driven. A first-of-a-kind digital solution, our SaaS product, ‘Howard’ is currently used by London-based planners (public and private), architects and developers in their day-to-day work – but this is just the beginning!
We are currently looking for a confident, driven and passionate Account Manager to help us grow and bring our business to the next level!
What will you be doing?
It will be your primary responsibility to source new customers, suppliers and partners using a range of outbound sales methods such as telephone, LinkedIn, industry events, etc. You will organise sales visits and give demonstrations and presentations of our products to establish new business. You will develop a deep understanding of the value chain of our data and strategically identify potential industries that could make use of it. You will use this knowledge to develop a pipeline that ensures a constant stream of sales.
You will also be a key point of contact between our team and our customers, taking ownership of these relationships and taking responsibility for fostering new ones. You will be an excellent communicator, able to convey customer and partner feedback to the team internally while meeting and exceeding your KPIs.
Who are you?
You are a tenacious salesperson and ambitious closer with demonstrable success in partnerships and sales to customers of all sizes. You are excited by huge opportunities, have a passion for sales and love landing monster deals. You are able to identify new opportunities, form meaningful business partnerships and nurture these relationships.
You are well organised, action-oriented, and on-the-ball with the latest software sales strategies and trends. You understand that the property industry is changing to embrace technology and you want to help bring about this change by bringing UI’s products across the UK.
The following attributes are essential:
- A minimum of 3+ years experience owning outbound sales and business development tasks (or similar) and achieving demonstrable results
- Confident picking up the phone to strangers and approaching people at networking events
- Abundant experience in customer service with an understanding of buying decision drivers
- A self-starter, keen to make an impact
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Cardiff or London-based and willing to travel around the UK as required (min. 2 days/week)
It would also be nice if you have:
- An undergraduate degree in any subject
- Property technology experience
- A history of setting and beating revenue goals
Who are we?
We are a small, young and energetic team with a range of experience in planning and other fields. We started in Clerkenwell, London, but have relocated our HQ to Cardiff as of January 2018. For the past 3+ years we have been pioneering the Future of Planning, working with the likes of Ordnance Survey, DCLG and the Future Cities Catapult.
We are building a data-driven planning potential analysis platform by aggregating and analysing planning and other built environment data to arrive at the most sustainable locations for development. Our first product, Howard, is a reference tool for built environment professionals that has planning policy documents aggregated in one central database in a machine-readable format and geocoded on a map on a citywide scale, which has never been done before. We currently have 20+ business customers and >200 professional users.
We have received investment and support from the Development Bank of Wales, UCL, Virgin Startup, Pi Labs (Europe’s first property technology VC fund), Ordnance Survey (the UK’s mapping agency) and a group of outstanding business angels with a range of planning and property experience. We have been featured in The Guardian, Estates Gazette, The Times, Tech City News, The Planner, among others, and are regularly invited to speak at conferences and events involving tech and planning, smart cities, etc., as we are recognised to be at the forefront of the #PlanTech / ‘Future of Planning’ movement for our work.
Lastly, we are a friendly bunch that care deeply about cities, society and the environment. We have lunch together most days, frequently joined by our friends in other great startups that share our state-of-the-art coworking space, and discuss everything from business to politics and history. We go out for a pint after work every now and then (read: most Fridays) and hope you will feel at home with us, too.
We can offer:
You will play a key role in our small team and have a profound influence on our business development. You will join the team at an ideal time: we’re early enough for you to make your mark, but we’re also established enough to know what we’re doing!
In addition, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary + equity (commensurate with experience), and the possibility to earn additional commission-based pay.
- You will work in our state-of-the-art office spaces, either at the Urban Innovation Centre in Clerkenwell, London or at Tramshed Tech in Cardiff.
- The ability to work with individuals and organisations that are at the forefront of digital planning
- Close-knit, friendly team culture (with plenty of social opportunities)
Our Selection Process:
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter (with JOB ID 010 in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline which is Midnight of 31st March 2018
- 15 minute telephone with the CEO
- An in-person interview with both of the Co-Founders
- A team social event either in Cardiff or London